Intel X4500HD and DisplayPort

Miguel Angel mitotero at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 19:50:56 PST 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering if DisplayPort output is supported for this card. I read
somewhere that the DisplayPort works and would be reported as 'HDMI-1'.
I'm using Intel's driver version 2.6.1 for the mobile version of the card.
The available outputs are VGA, LVDS, HDMI-1, HDMI-2 and TV. However, with
the displayport connected, both HDMI outputs appear disconnected. I've
googled about this issue but didn't find anything useful.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe this output is not yet supported.
In the latter case, is this output planned to be supported in the short
term? In the former, any clue of what should I do? VGA output works without
any tinkering, I just need to run xrandr.

Thanks for your attention!