Drawing minimized windows

John Hamel johnchamel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 19:41:19 PST 2009

Hi,

    My apologies if this is the wrong place for requests, but a quick
browsing of the site didn't show a forum or other more obvious venue.
I'd like to request that minimized windows be drawn in X, and provide
a couple reasons that I think the task should be given fairly high
priority.

This is needed by compiz to provide live window previews and to
include minimized windows in other operations. I have "scale" in mind
specifically. The windows and mac equivalents are my most used
interface tools in those environments, and are vital to productivity
for users familiar with them. However, the compiz version is crippled
to the point of being nearly useless because it cannot show minimized
windows. As I understand it this is a direct result of the minimized
windows not being drawn by X. I suggest that implementing this
deserves fairly high priority due to the fact that it is crippling
several features, at least one of which is rather important. Please
let me know if there is anything I can do to speed the process.
(Limited programming knowledge, but happy to try if it's not going to
get worked on otherwise.) Regards,

         -John