Where is xkeyboard-config in the X tree

Jacek Luczak difrost.kernel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:31:08 PST 2009

Alex Bennee pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get an build of X from source to run independently from
> my system X. I've been using the instructions on the wiki but I keep
> running into problems. I discovered I had to manually build mesa but
> I'm still failing to run:

If you have one working X installation, you should also have xkeyboard-config
already installed. This is most probably [1] bug. You need to find that stuff
(depend on distro you are using), try searching in /etc/X11/xkb, than create a
lint pointing to that directory in <prefix>/share/X11 (where <prefix> is your
installation prefix).

-Jacek