2 Questions: recompile xorg sources + xorg git

Florian Lier fl0 at icram.de
Tue Feb 17 15:24:28 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

I need some help...

My first question: I'm building "x" from git with the tiny little script
from http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/git
(at bottom of the page). I've got several "older" (like 1-2 months)
builds running, which means the xserver starts up.
If i want to recompile the sources on another machine I copy the src
folder, change the PREFIX and PKG_CONFIG_PATH
in the script and start the build process. The problem is: the server
doesn't start on the other machine
(which is technically identical to the one which runs the server
successfully).
/var/log/ says: couldn't get lock for
"/home/fl0/mpxsomething/var/log/Xorg.2.log" which actually is a path
from the
original machine. I thought recompiling the sources should handle
this..."make clean" doesn't solve this.

I hope this question is not too trivial, but I cannot explain this...

Second question: How do I reset all components of my local git copy
(like: libXdamage,libXi,hal,mesa etc...) to
a specified date? "git -show" gives me the date-hash for a single
module...Is there a way to checkout EVERYTHING
from a specified date?

Cheers, and thanks in advance fl0