very slow performance of glxgears (68 fps)

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Feb 19 04:01:52 PST 2009

On Feb 18, 09 14:40:34 +0000, John Tapsell wrote:
> > So it is a validation tool, but not a benchmark.
> >
> > A benchmark - by definition - gives you performance figures that can be
> > compared with other systems, which gives you a reasonable notion of
> > which of the systems is better.
>
> Right.  If one system gets 100fps and another gets 1,000fps, then you
> compare the two systems and say that one is better than the other.

Which is not necessarily true with glxgears. And that is exactly all I'm
saying.

Anyway, apparently you don't want to understand that everybody actually
developing on 3D here is sick of hearing glxgears "performance" numbers.

Sorry for the rant

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __