XTrap removal

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Feb 20 15:20:05 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:22:43AM -0800, milnser43200 at yahoo.com wrote:
> What is the rationale behind removing the xtrap extension. [...]

Some people (including some of my friends) have a problem where there's
effectively no filter between their brain and their mouth, and they just
say whatever occurs to them at that instant.  That's bad enough.  You,
however, appear to have no filter between your brain and xorg@?

XTrap is covered by Record and Test; between them, they offer a superset
of XTrap's functionality.  We did think about this when it got removed.
Thanks for your concern, but please, think before posting (or it'll be
enforced).