[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.6.2

Jacek Luczak difrost.kernel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 05:10:47 PST 2009

Eric Anholt pisze:
> Here comes a pretty significant bugfix release for the 2.6 2D series.
> The goal of this release is to get out the major fixes for GEM and KMS
> that we think we've pounded on enough to be stable -- certainly more
> stable than previously.  Notable fixes include a significant BO memory
> usage reduction (which many have suffered from with compositing),
> textured XV suppor twith KMS, and rotation support with KMS.  Some
> infrequent failure to render/xv with GEM on 965 (dmesg warnings about
> being unable to bind objects) should also be fixed.
>
> But perhaps the exciting thing for most people will be the dynamic front
> buffer allocation.  We nearly slipped this into 2.6.0, but decided that
> it was just a little too new.  Well, turns out it was actually in good
> shape, and it's time to get it out there.  You'll need UXA to do this.

Hi Eric,

this release is totally unusable while running in UXA. System eats lot of
memory, including swapping. Is this that, reported earlier, ,,memory leak''? As
a result X are really slow and lot of lockups occur (everything freeze for a few
seconds). At the end I can't even switch to text console, but system reacts on
power button and it goes down successfully. With EXA there's no such issue:
total system memory usage around 40%, no lockups.

If it's not know issue I will try to bisect it down.

-Jacek