[radeonhd] Initial Radeon R6xx/R7xx acceleration support pushed

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Jan 2 08:39:57 PST 2009

On Dec 30, 08 22:12:24 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > I'm a dev by trade and I'd be quite happy to test it on my system (R770) and
> > provide reports, or would you only recommend this for people who actually
> > want to hack on it?
>
> It's not particularly useful for end users at the moment.

Alex's right - at this particular point nothing of this code is
particularly useful for users. OTOH, if you love experimenting, testing
r600_demo could be useful. RV770 works fine here, so in case anybody
finds that it doesn't work for his/her card, a report would be welcome.

Also, so far nobody verified on notebook chipsets (RS780 is the only
one, AFAIK) - but you would need to hack r600_demo.c a bit with the PCI
IDs at least.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __