xserver: Branch 'master'

Eamon Walsh ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov
Wed Jan 7 16:13:43 PST 2009

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Paulo César Pereira de Andrade at 07/01/09 16:55 did
> gyre and gimble:
>
>> Daniel Stone wrote:

>>> ?!?
>>>
>>   The XaceHook() function must be exported, or at least extmod
>> will fail due to it being an unresolved symbol.
>>

> I wont pretend to know anything about this (you know me well enough on
> that from Paulo :)) but the  about diff applies _X_EXPORT to an array of
> CallbackListPtrs, not the XsceHook() function itself. If this is
> intended and I'm just not following just ignore me... ignorance is bliss :p
>
> Col

XaceHooks is exported so that modules can register / unregister
callbacks.  Is the export of this variable a problem?

API could be added to wrap the registration and unregistration which
would allow XaceHooks to be a static variable.  It would be 2 new
exported functions though, versus the one variable.

--
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov>
National Security Agency