backlight problems on intel and new stuff

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Thu Jan 8 13:08:22 PST 2009

Hi, for the records ,

backlight has gone mad after upgrade to fedora 10 and I can't work,
backlight flicks and flicks , especially after press lid button or
hibernate.
I don't found what component have the bug.
My laptop Compaq nx6110 is an old laptop with almost 3 years of life
time, which have an empty /sys/class/backlight/, to me seems to be the
problem try control backlight when doesn't have ACPI registers and have
one i915GM .

I downgrade kernel to 2.6.26 , xorg server to 1.4.2 , Mesa to 7.0.4,
libdrm to 2.3.0 , and xorg-x11-drv-intel to 2.2.1 , and backlight have
cool down, after a while  .

Any suggestion ?

I try understand if the problem is in kernel or in mesa or in Intel
drive but can't figure out where is the problem.

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.