exclude programs from input device grabs

Patrick Sebastian Zimmermann patrick at zakweb.de
Sun Jan 11 05:23:54 PST 2009

So XEvIE would the solution to my problem and simply putting a grab on
the wanted keys wouldn't not.
And passwords can not be overheard by any program if a grab is used
to protect the input.
I hope I got it right this time...

Anyways... deep in the x.org wiki I found that this is a problem X12
wants to tackle (nobody knows when). So I guess, since I am a lazy guy,
I won't take the hassle to resurrect XEvIE when I can just use
<ctrl>-<alt>-% (deactivates all device grabs) until then.

Thanks for clarifying the entire grab thing in X to me.

Patrick