Current support and roadmap for discrete graphics card hot switching

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Jan 15 08:56:33 PST 2009

On Jan 15, 09 16:20:32 +0000, Albert Vilella wrote:
> leaving Nvidia and the downstream problems aside, how difficult would it be
> to convince ATI/AMD to provide such kind of documentation?
> Anyone insider here that can answer?

In the current (approximate) list of

- 3D documentation (huge)
- General(!) Powermanagement support
- r8xx Documentation (which will be out then)
- Enhanced 3D documentation (even larger)
- Displayport support

this comes probably last. Add a year per line, and you'll get your docs
in about 5 years time.
Pessimistic from the time it takes point of view, optimistic from the
"we can get the information" point of view.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de