Debounce mouse button

Oliver Martin oliver at volatilevoid.net
Sat Jan 17 11:17:07 PST 2009

Am Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:24:05 +0100 schrieb Oliver Martin:

> The problem seems easy enough to fix in software. Is this currently
> possible with Xorg? I'm using 7.3 on Debian testing, but I wouldn't
> mind upgrading if it helps.

Never mind, xev just told me that it doesn't only bounce, but when I
press and hold it, most times the ButtonPress event is immediately
followed by a ButtonRelease, and then, about a second later, another
ButtonPress. Then, sometimes it stays pressed, sometimes there's another
ButtonRelease, sometimes a few press-release sequences follow in short
succession... Sounds pretty impossible to reliably detect this, so I
guess I'll just try to fix it myself, and, failing that, either live
with it or bite the bullet and send it in.

Cheers,
Oliver