[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.5.99.2

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 08:51:49 PST 2009

On 17 January 2009 14:44:20 Vasily Khoruzhick wrote:

> With recent xf86-video-intel from git (and whole x11-stack from git, 2.6.28
> kernel + 2008q4-kernel-against-2.6.28.patch) xserver dies after start of
> any qt3/gtk application and color vertical lines appears on screen
>
> Here's part of dmesg (kernel is tainted by overrided dsdt table, I can try
> with original one, but I doubt that it helps :))

I've just updated to recent xf86-video-intel from git (last commit is
d89de6d60a86 - Protect i915 textured video against batchbuffer wrapping.)
And UXA+DRI2 work fast and stable on my gma950 :)

But there's still small issues:
- compiz is too slow (0.5 fps, or something like this, but cpu is not loaded
high);
- smc (secret maryo chronicles) is slow (5-7 fps), and cpu is not loaded high
too;

Thanks for your work anyway ;)

Regards
Vasily