EXAVSync option in the latest GIT Radeon driver

Miro Hadzhiev extigyro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 04:55:18 PST 2009

Hi,

I am not sure where i should post this, whether in the
http://bugs.freedesktop.org/ or here in the mailing list. So I'll post my
issue/question here first.

Today (Monday 19 January 2009) I compiled the Radeon driver from the GIT
repository. Everything goes flawlessly - configuration, make, make install.
My OS is openSuSE 11.1. So far, so good.

 I tried the EXAVSync option in xorg.conf and there is really almost no
flickering while watching video files with XV enabled. However, there is an
interesting issue in the latest git driver. There is lots of flickering
while playing flash animation and films (vbox7.com, youtube.com, etc.), when
VSync is enabled.

Greetings,
Miro Hadzhiev