Current tinderbox regression (xserver)

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Tue Jan 20 14:41:55 PST 2009

Ian Romanick wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 14:30 -0500, Chris Ball wrote:
>> http://tinderbox.x.org/builds/2009-01-20-0024/logs/xserver/#build
>>
>> ./.libs/libxorg.a(sdksyms.o):(.data.rel+0x308): undefined reference to
>> `CreateUnclippedWinSize'
>>
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=20d2117eb82fb7ce91afd4f01fe1b9d4b1bf0459
>>

> I'm seeing this also.  It seems like the sdksyms.sh script should try to
> pull in this symbol since it isn't decorated with _X_EXPORT.  The
> attached patch makes that part of the build work, but
> is...eh...unpleasant to my eyes.

  The "magic" in sdksyms.sh is to remove the "extern" before the
symbol name. But really, this should not be done, and instead, such
symbols should be declared on non sdk headers, or at least add a
comment telling that this symbol is in the header, but should not
be used by drivers...  I will try to rework on a more complete
"initial" patch to correct most sdk headers problems; last time
I posted one, I did not receive much love :-)

> With that fixed, I hit the following failure:
>
> kbd.c:148: error: ‘__XKBDEFRULES__’ undeclared here (not in a
> function)

Paulo