xorg server should wait HAL if it's not avail during init

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Wed Jan 21 01:14:42 PST 2009

Tino Keitel a écrit :
> If I got this right, this implies that HAL still detaches from the
> terminal after startup

I'm just pointing out that HAL has all the necessary mechanisms for
Doing It Right (tm). I don't know when the deamon process detaches from
the console. This is left as an exercise for the OP.

The original poster might want to look at the HAL code to make sure that
it is indeed doing the right thing or not. With all the bits already in
place, it shouldn't be hard to "fix" HAL, if it indeed needs fixing.

Cheers :)

--
Rémi Cardona
LRI, INRIA