Fedora 10: Trouble installing libdrm (2.4.4) for latest Intel driver (2.6)

Joe Smith stopads at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 10:41:16 PST 2009

> Here's one big difference with the instructions on that
> page. Since
> you built a full kernel rather than building the drm kernel
> modules
> against your current kernel, they're already loaded
> when boot with the
> new kernel. You don't need to unload/reload the drm
> modules.

So you're saying if I ran that script while I was booted into my old kernel, it would have generated the drm.ko and i915.ko in the /opt/gfx-test directory?  But since I was running the newer kernel, the script skipped that step...?  (I'm just trying to understand how it this works)

Thanks!

PS:  I'll take a look at the log file to see about the keyboard and mouse... I didn't bother before because the module loading appeared to be wrong.