Keyboard events and console switching

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Jan 22 08:36:52 PST 2009

On Jan 22, 09 16:55:08 +0100, Helge Bahmann wrote:
> Things get even more unfriendly if console switching is initiated by chvt from
> a background service (don't ask). I propose to change the current logic for
> releasing keys on VT switch -- release them before switching away from the
> server, instead of after switching back. Would a patch like the attached one
> be acceptable?

We have several bugs open for openSUSE because of this behavior - so I'm
all for a change. I don't know the inner workings of this area in X, so
I can't claim to understand the patch completely, but I will give it a
try. So if it works, I really suggest taking it.

Thanks a lot

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __