XVideo extension and XDrawLine command

Amos Tibaldi amos.tibaldi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:58:41 PST 2009

Hello,
I have a program that use multiple Xv extension enabled window and
draws images onto them with XvShmPutImage but when I try to put a line
with XDrawLine before XFlush, the line is drawn but flickers and after
that disappears; here is a snippet of code:

void XVWindow::DrawObjectsOnWindow()
{
	XvShmPutImage( display,  port, window, gc, BGimage, 0, 0, ImageWidth,
ImageHeight, 0, 0, WindowWidth, WindowHeight, False);

	setColor(255, 0, 0);
	setLineWidth(20);
	XDrawLine(display, /*pm*/ window, gc, 0, 0, 120, 120 );
	//for(int i=0; i< 50; i++)
		//for(int j=0; j<50; j++)
	       // XCopyArea(display, pm, window, gc, 0, 0, 50, 50, 0, 0);//XCopyPlane?

	XFlush( display );
}

What can I do? Is it possible for example to use a pixmap to solve the
matter; I have tried this also but the pixmap is drawn with XCopyArea
in a rectangular fashion while I'd like to use the simple XDrawLine.

Any help appreciated,

--
Amos Tibaldi