Recent input changes

Jeff Chua jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 02:57:59 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Peter Hutterer
<peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:

> once you disable AutoAddDevices, the server picks the standard mouse/keyboard
> devices anyway. The rest is superfluous.

Ok, I've given up on xf86-input-keyboard. It's causing vmware to crash
when the mouse is leaving the guest window.

Now, I'm trying to switch to evdev, but it's not working. No keyboard!
I'm using X61 ThinkPad. And kernel has evdev compiled.

I use this in xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Event1"
        Driver          "evdev"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents" "true"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard" "true"
        Option          "GrabDevice" "true"
        Option          "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Simple Layout"
        Screen          "Screen X40"