Xorg 1.5.99.3 with evdev/hal/dbus: keyboard not working

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 19:21:24 PST 2009

> Zitat von Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i am crosscompiling xorg-server 1.5.99.3 with uclibc. xorg (without
>>> xorg.conf, with evdev driver/ hal/ dbus) starts in qemu, mouse works,
>>> but keyboard is not working:
>>>
>>> (EE) XKB: Rules returned no components
>>> (EE) XKB: No components provided for device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
>>> (WW) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
>>>
>>> i have installed xkeyboard-config-1.5 and xkbcomp
>>>
>>> what is wrong, how i can find the error?
>>
>> Your xkeyboard-config installation looks busted. You don't have a rules
>> directory, which causes the above error. do you have xkeyboard-config 1.4 or
>> later installed?
> i have xkeyboard-config 1.5 installed an i have a rules dir:
>
>  /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev
>  /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/xkb.dtd
>  /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/README
>  /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base
>  /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.lst
>  /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.lst
>  /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/xfree98
>  /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.xml
>  /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.xml

Did you configure the server to use the XKB rules at
/usr/share/X11/xkb? Normally, it would use ${datadir}/share/X11/xkb,
but you can use --with-xkb-path.

However, I think it's finding the rules and parsing them, but I think
your XKB rules might be messed up like Peter says. It's failing in
XkbRF_GetComponents. Maybe that has something to do with uclibc. You
might have to throw some printf's in that function in xkb/ddxLoad.c if
you're sure that the XKB rules are installed correctly.

--
Dan