xf86-video-intel 2.8 3d not working at all

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 22 11:44:43 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Daniel Gultsch at 22/07/09 13:47 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi guys,
>
> I upgraded from intel-2.7.1 to 2.8 and now 3d isnt working at all.
> When I start glxgears i get a black window and the following output
>
>> glxgears
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> unhandled buffer attach event, attacment type 7
> 4742 frames in 5.0 seconds = 948.366 FPS
> 4706 frames in 5.0 seconds = 940.923 FPS
>
> it even shows a framerate but the window is still black (and it doesnt
> sync to vblank)
>
> Kernel ist 2.6.29.3
> xorg ist 1.6.2

As the release announcement said, this should be run on a 2.6.30.2
kernel + 8 additional patches. I'd try running it under this first and
see if it addresses your problem. :)

FWIW, running fine on a 945 here (kernel 2.6.30 was a *big* step forward
for me.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie