XI2 = moving target?

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sat Jul 25 16:44:50 PDT 2009

> Ergo my question on whether anyone has ever actually seen in captivity a
> keyboard with more than 248 keys...

I'm not sure that is a useful question.

I have a collection of keyboards and remotes. All of them have different
functions above 255 which could be remapped. All of them are hot
pluggable.

Trying to manage a mapping of all the devices randomly on the fly plugged
into a system and map them into a tiny space is rather more difficult
than you make out.

If you had to map a set of devices, once, to a fixed mapping it wouldn't
be a big deal, but the world has moved on from that.

Alan