XI2 pull warning

Thomas Jaeger thjaeger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 08:24:56 PDT 2009

Peter Hutterer wrote:
>>> Fixed, thanks. GetProximityEvents still had the valuator event calculation
>>> in there and returned a wrong number of events. That, an an uninitialized
>>> pointer that was only triggerd for proximity events. Both fixes pushed.
>> Thanks, this is mostly working now.  There are still instances where
>> proximity events lead to a crash, see the attached gdb session.
>
> I can't reproduce this after the load of patches I just pushed, so I'm
> assuming one of them fixed it :)
I can still reproduce it.  It happens when a proximity event comes in
when the SD is grabbed.

>> If XIGrabButton is called on a SD, the SD is not detached when the grab
>> is activated.
>
> fixed. SDs are now detached for passive grabs, except if an implicit passive
> grab is activated.

Thanks, XIGrabButton on SDs is mostly working now.  The only problem is
that the original Press event is still delivered, which leads to
inconsistent state on the MD until the button is pressed on another SD.

>>> works fine for me, not sure what's going on there.
>> Okay, fair enough, this is not really important anyway.
>
> actually, the reason for this could be a missing dependency in the man
> pages. If you can reproduce this error, just check the Makefile.am for the
> dependency setup for the file it fails on. I've tried triggering it but
> without success.

My theory is that it's a race condition, where due to the recursive call
of make the same man page is built at the same time by both processes
and then the second mv fails.

Thanks,
Tom