Problem with fglrx-9-4 and xorg 7.4

praveenya kumar praveenya.g at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 07:10:40 PDT 2009

Hai!

I am using customized linux distro.
My xorg version is 7.4. Till now I was using vesa driver. I decided to
change to fglrx driver which is suitable to my video card.
I downloaded and installed latest ati-fglrx driver version 9-4.

I am unable to run xorg. I can see several warning messages like "fglrx: No
matching Device section for instance (BUSID PCI:0 at 0:0:0) found"  then a
error message No devices detected in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

I specified BusID properly in xorg.conf ( as it was same for vesa and
opensource ati driver).

thanks