using savage(4) in portrait mode

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:14:44 PDT 2009

Hi all

I have a IBM T22 laptop running Debian. The video card as identified
by lspci is:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. 86C270-294 Savage/IX-MV (rev 13)

I just purchased an external monitor with rotation capabilities, so
I'd like to try it out. Everything works fine in normal landscape mode
at 1280x1024 (using analog input at a higher resolution causes some
distortion).

I set 'Option "Rotate" "CCW"' (since the screen rotates clockwise when
going to portrait mode), but that gives me a highly garbled x screen.
I tried changing the video mode to "1024x1280" just to test, but that
gave essentially the same result.

I'd appreciate any help in figuring this out.

Thanks

John
--
"I've tried programming Ruby on Rails, following TechCrunch in my RSS
reader, and drinking absinthe. It doesn't work. I'm going back to C,