[Question] Is xrandr 1.2.99.4 useful on Ubuntu 9.04 alpha5 ?

GordonYuan at viatech.com.cn GordonYuan at viatech.com.cn
Wed Mar 4 19:15:08 PST 2009

Dear all,

    I build Xrandr 1.22.99.4 successfully, but I can't run it. The error
message is "poly request too large or internal Xlib length error".

    I guess it's caused by mismatch of libXrandr, so I build
libXrandr-1.2.99.4, but failed with error "gcc: @MALLOC_ZERO_CFLAGS@: No
such file or directory".

       Do Ubuntu 9.04 alpha 5 support xrandr 1.2.99.4 ?

I want to study RandR 1.3, but I find that xrandr 1.2.99.3 doesn't match
the Matthias' ppt at FOSDEM09. For example, it doesn't support the
command "xrandr --outpu VGA --current ".

    Would you please give me some suggestion or tell me the other Linux
distribution which supports randr 1.3 perfectly?

    Thanks!

Best wishes,

Gordon