Confused

Ben Gamari bgamari at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:22:12 PDT 2009

On 03/11/2009 04:39 PM, Thomas Jäger wrote:
> My guess is that your version of xinput isn't compiled with XInput 2
> support, so that it calls XGetExtensionVersion instead of
> XQueryInputVersion.  In that case, the X Server reports only the two
> core devices for compatibility reasons.

Ahhh, it turns out you are absolutely right. I must have configured
things in the wrong order. reconfiguring and reinstalling xinput shows
all of the devices. Is there someplace where a message could be added to
let the user know that legacy behavior will be used? Even just
outputting a message to xorg.log would be helpful. This is pretty
unexpected behavior. Thanks,

- Ben