evdev broken

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Mar 16 14:23:07 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 09:25:42PM +0100, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> yesterday I upgraded my Debian Sid system a bit and to fulfill the
> dependencies also a more recent xserver-xorg-input-evdev package was
> installed.  This causes some problems:
>
> 1) If I don't configure anything about keyboard and mouse in xorg.conf, I
> can't login anymore, since each keystroke will print the the character
> trice.

do you have evdev devices configured in your xorg.conf?
looks like the devices are picked up multiple times, most likely once through
HAL, once through xorg.conf.

> 2) If I set the kbd driver as below in my xorg.conf, there are still issues
> left. E.g. ctrl+c will restart X.

Do you have AllowEmptyInput set to false, yet an evdev device in the
xorg.conf? There's a combination that didn't set raw mode on the tty, which
got fixed in 1.5.99.903. Cherry-picking b33905234 should fix it.

Cheers,
  Peter