xrandr rotation no longer accelerated in xserver git

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:38:29 PDT 2009

It seems something in xserver git prevents xrandr rotation from being
accelerated.  The EXA composite paths are not even attempted.  To
verify I hooked in my own ps->Composite function and checked if the
operation was for rotation, then called the original Composite
function.  In the rotation case, the EXA composite functions are never
hit, in the other cases they are.  This is using the EXA memory
manager on AMD hardware.  The same driver code works fine on older
xservers.

An additional note, if I enable kms and have the driver manage EXA
pixmaps, rotation is accelerated, so it seems to be some issue with
the EXA memory manager.

Any one have any ideas?  Is anyone else seeing this?

Alex