Problems Testing New Radeon Code

Jerome Glisse glisse at freedesktop.org
Fri May 1 16:26:04 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 20:59 +0100, Mike Lothian wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I've had a few issues testing the new radeon code and rather than do
> all this through comments on a blog I thought the mailing lists would
> be better
>
> I've attached the above logs
>
> X doesn't start with KMS (KMS works during boot)
>
> with radeon.modeset=0 being passed but playing a video full screen or
> activating kwin compositing makes the session unusable
>
> The proof attachment shows what branches and where head was at during
> compile time
>
> Cheers
>
> Mike

Quick guess you are missing DRI2 bits, either too old xserver (need 1.6
at least) or no dri2 proto installed. Still i don't understand what
you mean by radeon.modeset=0, with radeon.modeset=0 everythings should
work as with no kms (ie it use old code path which should be more or
less what you already have).

Cheers,
Jerome Glisse