XI2 pull warning
thjaeger at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:54:22 PDT 2009
Sorry for replying off-list first.
Thanks for the work you've put into this. I haven't spent a lot of time
testing the new code, but here are my first impressions. You're
probably aware of most of the issues below already, but I'll mention
them just in case.
* The biggest issue for me right now is reporting of XI1 (see the
attached test program). XSelectExtensionEvents and
XGrabDevice/XGrabDeviceButton will only report press events; motion and
release events are lost.
* A driver sending a proximity event crashes the server.
* XIGrabButton always fails with a BadDevice error.
* It seems to be pretty easy to crash the server using XI1 applications.
I'll provide more information later
* libXi doens't support parallel builds (make -j2) anymore.
I haven't played with XI2 code a lot yet, but the interface seems a lot
nicer than XI1 so far. I can't think of any features that are missing
right now except for button grabs and XTest support.
Peter Hutterer wrote:
> This is a pull warning for XI2 into master.
> Next Thursday, Jun 4, I will pull XI2 into master. I will spend the rest of
> this week ironing out issues so that the merge will be smooth. There will be
> another warning email following the merge.
> In the meantime, please test the xi2 branches from
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1196 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg