How to test & contribute my kbd layout, in xkb, for Tamil?

veerasami v.ramasami at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 05:58:06 PST 2009

:
Hi all,

     I'm interested to contribute a keyboard map, in Unicode, for the
Tamil
language, called VUTAM Type_As_You_Write. Even though in the present
encoding scheme of Unicode, for tamil, it requires an intelligent KBD
driver, for the time being it could be restricted to the present
capability of XKB. Once the encoding scheme is ratified to suit single
code for a key, it could be modified to suit the then situation.

	I've made the above kbd layout for Tamil, called VUTAM. Is there a way
make xkb recognise it, so that it could be tested? (by copying it to
some .xkb.symbols folder in my home folder, or something similar?).

       I'm awaiting a favourable response.

Thanking You,

V.Ramasami,
>From Aruppukottai, TamilNadu, India.
:
PS:
	(I)  I've contributed to SCIM, usable via M17N bridge. I've also
contributed to NHM writer, TakthiNT and KeytransU for windows OS.
	(II) I use Ubuntu 8.10.