keyboard suddenly dead

Hanno Böck hanno at hboeck.de
Wed Nov 11 09:46:28 PST 2009

Hi,

I had a quite strange problem, it's not reproducible, but it happened twice,
so I thought I'll report it, no idea how to investigate it further.

Just suddenly, my keyboard in X stopped working. I could continue using all
applications with the mouse and everything seemed fine, just all my keyboard
inputs were ignored. I could however use ctrl-alt-f1 to switch to the console
and there everything was fine, switching back and keyboard was dead again.
Restarting X helped.

This is the log, but I think it says nothing interesting:
http://files.hboeck.de/Xorg.0.log.keyboarddead

I'm using ~amd64 packages of gentoo linux, so mainly latest releases (xorg-
server-1.7.1, xf86-input-evdev-2.3.0, xf86-video-intel-2.9.1, xf86-input-
synaptics-1.2.0), computer is a lenovo t61 laptop with intel gpu.

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:		http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20		Jabber/Mail:	hanno at hboeck.de

http://schokokeks.org - professional webhosting