Update from X11R6.7 to X11R7.5

Maria del Rosario Lopez-Gonza m.lopez-gonzalez at clinmed.gla.ac.uk
Fri Nov 20 07:02:57 PST 2009

Hi,

My original problem is that I installed a virtual machine (vmware 1.0.10) in my PC then CTT Linux 4.3.13. After that I get the following errors:

"I cannot start the X server (your graphical interface). It is likely that it is not set up correctly."

(EE)VMWARE(0):"Currently unavailable depth/bpp of 16/16 requested. The guess X server must run at the same depth and bpp as the host (which is currently 24/32). This is automatically detected" Pl do not specify a depth on the command line or via the config file"

(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

The only suggestion was to update X11R6.7 to the latest version.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Rosario