fd.o services outage, annarchy $HOME lost

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed Oct 7 08:12:28 PDT 2009

On Sep 30, 09 15:34:47 -0700, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Again, please accept our apologies.  The decision was made a long time
> ago to not back up $HOME, and it was mentioned a few times, but

I don't have any issues about $HOME not being backed up (besides I
didn't know that, but again, it's a free service, so I do not *expect*
anything).

But I would like to know the reasoning behind that. Is /home
notoriously flooded with short-living big-sized files, or has this
something to do with local law, or what?

Thanks for your work, guys, to reenable the service.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de