Possible reason why Intel 1.9.0 doesn't load with server 1.7.0 but does with 1.6.x

Marty Jack martyj19 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 7 17:49:26 PDT 2009

I found that Intel 1.9.0 calls DGAInit, which isn't defined at all in 1.7.0.  It comes up as an implicit function declaration.  I made an edit to remove that call and I am using it as we speak.  One would think that an unmodified driver would find the symbol DGAInit unresolved and refuse to load, although I didn't perform that experiment.

I would encourage those who hold the Power to Commit Fixes to try building all the video drivers and adjust them for the DGA removal as needed before the katamari.