PS/2 mouse via USB adaptor not properly configured

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at t-online.de
Wed Oct 7 20:56:30 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

I've got a Logitech Trackman FX (PS/2) connected via an USB adaptor.
It is the only mouse connected. From google I learned that my xorg.conf
should configure it like this:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier "TrackmanFX"
	Driver "mouse"
	Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option "Name" "TrackMan Marble FX"
	Option "Vendor" "Logitech"
	Option "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
	Option "AngleOffset" "10"
	Option "Buttons" "5"
	Option "EmulateWheel" "true"
	Option "EmulateWheelButton" "8"
	Option "YAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option "EmulateWheelInertia" "8"
EndSection

Problem is: It doesn't work. The mouse pointer moves, but I get neither
the AngleOffset, nor does the scroll wheel emulation work.

The Xserver log file and the complete xorg.conf are attached. Any helpful
comment would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Harri