Problem with 1680x1050 resolution with intel card

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Fri Oct 9 23:01:04 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-10 at 13:10 +0800, Olive wrote:
> I have a problem with the intel driver and an external monitor
> connected to the VGA port with the 1680x1050 resolution. The image is
> completely garbled with strips along the screen. There are no error
> messages and xorg and the external screen believes it works properly
> (with the external screen detecting a 1680x1050 signal) (lower
> resolutions work fine). This is not an hardware problem since
> everything works fine on Windows XP. The problem appears with two
> different computers. I give below the detailed information.
Hi, Olive
    Will you please open a new bug in
    http://bugs.freedesktop.org ?

When you open a new bug, please provide Xorg log and dmesg accroding to
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html.

Of course please also attach the register dump when using the different resolution?
For example: 1680x1050
             1024x768

Thanks.