multi monitor/multi card status

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at united-consult.hu
Sun Oct 11 02:28:42 PDT 2009

Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Csillag Kristof
> <csillag.kristof at united-consult.hu> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Please help me assess the general situation. I am trying to get a
>> multimonitor/multicard setup work with ati cards and the free radeon driver.
>>
>> [...]
>> 5. Zaphod more rarely gets any testing, and tends to be broken. (Right
>> now it seems to be.)
>>

> Mostly true up until there, zaphod on radeon should be working fine,
> under KMS and under non-KMS, I test it at least once per Fedora release
> cycle.

I am running a non-KMS system, and zaphod mode on radeon segfaults me.
Here is my xorg.conf and X log, again.

> However there are various issues with older X's and two cards such
> as secondary posting breakage, hangs on X server exit with two cards,
> these should all be solved in a KMS environment,

I have not (yet) experienced any of those.
> the only remainging thing that zaphod doesn't do at the moment is let you
> configure which outputs go where, which depending on the BIOS output
> ordering can be a bit
> of a pain, esp if TV is detected second.

No TV is involved here; I just need monitors. I thought I can order the
heads of zaphod mode in the ServerLayout section; is that wrong?

Thank you for your help:

    Kristof