multi monitor/multi card status

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at united-consult.hu
Tue Oct 13 19:25:05 PDT 2009

Csillag Kristof wrote:
> Dave Airlie wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Csillag Kristof
>> <csillag.kristof at united-consult.hu> wrote:
>>

>>> I am running a non-KMS system, and zaphod mode on radeon segfaults me.
>>> Here is my xorg.conf and X log, again.
>>>

>> Latest git of -ati?
>>

> Unfortunately, yes.

Just for the record:

I gave up on the triple-head configuration, at least for now.

I have spent many hours trying to get things work; I have tried a dozens
of different configurations and workarounds, randr, xinerama, zaphod,
xdmx...
but anywhere I go, a bump in a hardware limitation / hardware bug /
software limitation / software bug.

I don't have any more time to play with this. (Actually, I did not have
any free time to begin with...)

Maybe I will check back in a few months, when KMS is more widespread and
available.

   * * *

For now, I will go with a dual-head, randr-united configuration of two
1600x1200 monitors connected via DVI to my FireMV card.

Now if only the occasional 1-second blanking would go away...

       Kristof