pgp signatures

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 17:43:27 PDT 2009

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Robby Workman wrote:
>> Fine for me:
>>
>> $ gpg --verify AlanC-mail
>> gpg: Signature made Wed 14 Oct 2009 12:46:45 PM CDT using DSA key ID 1F2D130E
>> gpg: Good signature from "Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at sun.com>"
>
> They seem to come back fine for me too, though the automatic signature appending
> of the mailing list does cause it to be a bit weird.   I use the enigmail plugin
> for Thunderbird, which calls gpg for the actual signing, to sign the mails.

Yes, I do too, but my versions of enigmail (0.96.0) and gpg (2.0.11) are a tiny
bit newer than yours. I hope such small changes are not the cause of my problem.

I tried a different linux distribution (ubuntu versus gentoo) and I find exactly
the same problem on both.

> One of these years we should have a key signing party at the X.Org Developer's
> Conference.   Though I suppose I'll be needing a new key before then when my
> e-mail address changes...

Hm. Are you hinting that you'll be getting an Oracle email address?  I'm hoping
it's a change in name only, and not in quality.  We open source groupies owe a
lot to Sun.  Not so sure yet about Oracle...