pixman and perl

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu Oct 22 11:37:01 PDT 2009

>>>>> "John" == John Taylor <pi00100100 at gmail.com> writes:

John> I have pixman-0.16.2. During the configure stage, it clearly says:
John> configure: error: Perl is required to build pixman.

A quick git grep shows that $(srcdir)/make-combine.pl is used to create
the four files pixman/pixman-combine{32,64}.{c,h} from the template
files pixman/pixman-combine.{c,h}.template.

You should be able to do that manually with sed(1), awk(1) or your
favourite text editor.

Then edit out the check for perl in configure.ac or configure.

It is a sufficiently complex conversion that I can see why Søren
wrote it in Perl.

You will need pixman to compile/run the Xorg server and cairo.

-JimC