pixman and perl

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 00:59:08 PDT 2009

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> John Taylor wrote:
>
>> Dan wrote:
>>
>>> Interesting.
>>>
>>> Personally, I don't like Python. That is to say, I've learned a bit of
>>> Python, and I don't like programming in it. But as Python is used by my
>>> distribution's package management system ( Gentoo ), I have Python
>>> installed on my system, and I've never really thought more about it.
>>>
>>> What did Perl do to you anyway? Just curious.
>>>
>> It may seem strange, but I don't like perl because of the way it must be
>> installed. As far as I remember, it has not a configure script and a
>> makefile.
>>

> Umm... I'm pretty sure Larry Wall invented configure scripts, originally
> for rn, then perl - and then the GNU project built autoconf to make
> creating them easier for the rest of us.   Perhaps you're confusing perl
> with something else?

In any case I guess just hack pkgconfiig i.g.
/usr/lib*/pkgconfig/*.pc
( to pass configure)
but then unfortunately depending how your
build is, you could run into issues later on down the line,
or maybe during the build i.g. -lpython etc..

try it out and see(personally seems more work
to do so, but then again seems interesting).

Justin P. Mattock