Netbooks... really slow with OGL... can someone help me with a solution?

Yann Droneaud ydroneaud at mandriva.com
Fri Oct 30 04:39:54 PDT 2009

Le mercredi 28 octobre 2009 à 18:20 -0200, Hélder Gomes a écrit :
> Hello!
[...]
> If the awnser to any of the previous questions are no (or if you want
> to awnser anyway), there are a alternative solution?

I've posted a "benchmark" program, which test various method to update
window content:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2009-March/044498.html

Depending on your target hardware/driver (supporting SHM or not),
composite manager presence, etc., results will be very different.
You should carefully choose a method which almost work everywhere,
or use different strategies based on live tests.

Regards.

--
Yann Droneaud