Alt + Tab application switching

olcarman at cableone.net olcarman at cableone.net
Thu Sep 3 20:32:17 PDT 2009

On Thu Sep  3 17:46 , Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> sent:

>On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 10:09:25AM -0700, olcarman at cableone.net wrote:
>> Could someone give me a tip on how to get the Alt + Tab to switch between running
>> applications to work again?
>
>alt-tab is handled by the window manager. so if it's broken, either your
>modifier keys got messed up somehow or the WM is broken. my bet is on the
>former though.
>
>a bit more information as to what server you're running, your keyboard
>configuration, when exactly it stopped working, etc. would be helpful
>though. My crystal sphere is out for repairs atm.
>
>Cheers,
>  Peter

It's never worked ! I'm using Mandriva One 2009 with KDE 4.2.4, Somehow I had the
impression it was something to do with the X-server because the Ctrl-Alt-Bkspace
was also disabled. I have that fixed thanks to the list.
I'll poke around some with the settings and see if I find anything there,
Thanks all.
Ken