Radeon + OpenGL lockup

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Sun Sep 6 13:03:00 PDT 2009

Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest-and-greatest X.org + mesa. I've got this
radeon:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon
9200] (rev 01)
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200]
(Secondary) (rev 01)

No KMS - though it may be compiled in - I've got 2.6.25.

glxinfo looks fine, but glxgears causes a crash: I get exactly one
frame, then the box locks up. I don't really know what's going on, but
magic SysRq doesn't work :(

I never had real problems with 3D, though Dyson caused similar problems
in the past. OTOH, all other 3D stuff (not much, no compositing manager)
was fine so far.

I'm not really dependent on any 3D stuff. But since X.org is heading for
release, I'm happy to provide diagnostics. I'm just unsure how to
accomplish that given even SysRQ fails.

Comments welcome,

Simon