ptxdist xorg tests: problems with xextproto-7.1.1

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Sun Sep 6 13:45:10 PDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 06:55:07PM +0300, Tiago Vignatti wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 11:36:36PM +0200, ext Robert Schwebel wrote:
> >
> > The ptxdist team is currently setting up an "latest-and-greatest"
> > autobuilder for x.org. Our aim is to find out if it is possible to build
> > x.org while using the latest versions of all packets. This is the
> > current state - please don't take it too serious at this moment as it
> > does still contain some dependency problems on our side:
>
> are you sure that you're not overlapping work with tinderbox? Take a look
> here:
>
>     http://tinderbox.x.org/

Well, the intention is not to test that x.org is correct - it is that
x.org builds inside ptxdist :-)

Other than that, we build in a pretty clean environment, because cross
building with sysroot awareness and a system which is very different
from usual developer boxes is the standard use case within a cross build
system. So it may find different things.

rsc