Which package has "X11/extensions/Print.h"

Amit Pundir pundiramit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 11:47:43 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Colin Guthrie<gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Peng Yu at 07/09/09 15:49 did gyre and gimble:
>> Is there a way so that I can search what package is missing by
>> specifying a missing file without asking in the mailing list?
>
> Depends on your distro... in RH yum search may do it (not sure), in
> Mandriva urpmf does this.

In Ubuntu you can try "apt-file search <filename>" it will list out
the available packages which contains that file.

In your case:
$ apt-file search X11/extensions/Print.h
x11proto-print-dev: /usr/include/X11/extensions/Print.h

So install:
$ sudo apt-get install x11proto-print-dev

regards,
Amit Pundir